Saturday, October 17, 2009

A memory found me tonight....about the fall...

.


I was walking home alone late one dark and windy night....sorry, I'm already giggling...anyway - I was really walking home alone at night and it was very windy and the leaves were whipping against my ankles, limbs were falling, and it was dark, really dark. Not usually very skittish I was getting spooked....giggling again...yea, the leaves were after me and then I realized time was chasing me down.

Scared the shit out of me - still does.



I really love the fall - a word list: cool, sweater, socks, apple cider donuts, dust, fatter books, root vegetables....that makes me laugh....why the hell can't we eat root vegetables in the summer? School busses, jumping in leaf piles - big ones and deep in my memory the sound of a rake.



I wanted to post of few of my own photos. Since I finally bought a camera I've discovered that I have a great eye for a great photo - however, the camera always screws it up. So I look online and found this great poem:

On lonely autumn afternoons,
I sit and ponder autumn's fallen leaves.
I listen to the stillness of the room,
The whispered secrets of the nearby trees.

For time itself sails on a gentle breeze,
A motion imperceptible and slight.
It's measured by the shadows of the leaves,
That lengthen with the fading of the light.

Who knows of lonely autumn afternoons
That doesn't find some solace from within.
Warm hug of nature and her sweet perfume
Makes tired souls refreshed and new again.

~ Author unknown


And oh if I could paint....I would paint this song:

1 comment: